MAME'ing Around Part 1

I have several makes in planning, but I fight the constant issue of starting a make before finishing the last one.  I have dug up a half-done make from years back due to the amount of space it takes up indexed with it's coolness factor. Several years back I purchased a defunct video game cabinet (Captain America and the Avengers) in the hopes of resurrecting it into a fully functional MAME cabinet with hundreds if not thousands of games available on it.  I have added roller wheels to the bottom of the cabinet for ease of access, added a large 24" monitor (a tube, I know...the price was right) with plexiglass shield to hide the fact that it's not original, added a light and speakers to the marquee space and a power switch on the side to juice the whole cabinet.

My current part of interest is the control board.  I have expanded the button layout to a 4-6-6-4 configuration above Captain America's original 2 buttons per player.  All the buttons are currently being wired into an Ultimarc I-PAC to convert button and joystick movements into keyboard strokes that will run the input for the games.  This is a long and tedious task as there are four joysticks with eight wires (four signal and four ground) and twenty player buttons using forty wires, four player start buttons and four hidden "coin" buttons as well as the possibility of wiring the actual coin doors to operate with the plink of quarters.  We're pushing close to one hundred wires that need to be cut to length, stripped and connected at each end before testing can begin.  No wonder I put this project off so long.